learn disability improvement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

learn disability improvement

Options
dudek903
dudek903 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2019 in Education
Hello everyone,I have question regarding learn disability and add. There is possible improve those disability by training, medicins, therapy etc?  I have been taken piracetam for 8 months and training my brain for 3 months but sometimes I doubt wheter I'll achieve this ever. I wounder how other peoples with same problem are deal with it.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dudek903

Welcome to our online community/family.

Please please let me know what help/support you currently need?????

I will then be able to point you in the right direction!!!!!

@steve51
  • dudek903
    dudek903 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    How I wrote above I looking opinion of other peoples wich have learn disabilty and whether they are improved their mind perception.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dudek903

Yes since my Stroke in 1998 I have continued to push my self very very much.

have had to do this in stages as “Fatigue” is still a big problem.

I also have “Chronic Pain” down my right hand side.

This also needs “constant monitoring”

To date I have made improvements all the way around.

@steve51
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Options
    Learning disabilities are the terminology used by those who work in the education system to describe the medical disabilities that require a clinical diagnosis are related to human brain having problems processing various types of sensory information for a wide variety of clinical reasons. 
    There are no cures for most of these clinical conditions, we are only able to develop alternative compensating skills and abilities based on our personal strengths to work around our personal limitations. It really does depend on the complex nature of your limitations and how futher issues such as stress and anxiety affect the working memory when you try to run your coping strategies. 
    some conditions may be supported using medications, but not all, and some can benefit from technology support options. 
    I have auditory processing disorder, which is a listening disabiluty, or the brain having problems processing what the ears hear. There is no cure, nor any supporting technology. More it is about others providing accommodations by communicating to my alternative communication options and avoiding my communication limitations, such as talking too fast, and multiple verbal instructions. I am also phone phobic not being able to use my visual coping strategies lip reading and reading body language. 
    It is all part of neurodiversity, we are all different, and some are more different than others lol
  • ScoliFibroGirl
    ScoliFibroGirl Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    I have dyspraxia and although I am not diagnosed as having ADHD etc, I make use of nootropics/smart drugs so I can fully focus on my studies and everyday life and so i don't feel **** when nothing gets done and so I can feel good enough for society. I have noticed a huge improvement in my life. 
    I gave up on all of the things that i didn't find helpful for dyspraxia and for mental health such as mindfulness and dodged a few bullets here and there.
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ScoliFibroGirl
    Just an update, back in 1994 an international symposium held in Canada renamed dyspraxia Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) which is the name international research has bee using since then. 
    And much of he recent research has indicated a high level of comorbidity of DCD and ADHD 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.