If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Change of circumstances questions

kami24kami24 Posts: 164Member Courageous
Hi I moved house and that was just a change of address as I was still in the same county but now my circumstances have changed again so I am worried that they will put me onto UC!! Not sure about it 

Replies

• kami24kami24 Posts: 164Member Courageous
    edited May 25
    My partner has moved out as we get on better living apart as I have mood swings and slight autism so I prefer it quiet and clean and tidy and he can work somewhere else then which will be better for his mental health too. I am on pip and jobseekers and housing benefit that's all
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 4,924Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kami24 what benefits are you currently in receipt of?
    You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 10,092Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will depend what change of circumstances you have.
    Partner moved out as we don't get on living together even though we love each other more than most people do! 

It won't mean you'll have to claim UC.

If you're claiming daily living PIP and no one is claiming carers allowance for looking after you then you'll be able to claim the severe disability premium, if you now live alone. You'll need to ring JSA to claim this and ask to fill out the IS10 form. It will be paid from the date he moved out. You may need to send proof of your partner moving out, they will tell you what proof you need to send if they need it.

If you were claiming JSA as couple then you'll need to tell them that your partner has moved out and you'll need to remove him from the claim.

You need to ring your local council for your council tax reduction because you can now claim the single persons discount. Tell them also that your partner has moved out.

I'm already getting the same if he wasn't there as he was a foreign national so wasn't entitled to anything. Also the jobcentre knows my situation but still tries to force me into work but they have scrapped esa now so what do I do?? 
    Also think council tax is written off completely 
    Claim the SDP on top of your JSA and once that's in payment then you'll be able to claim Income Related ESA with a sick note from your GP because claiming SDP means you can't claim UC.
    Okay I hope I can do what you've said thankyou for the quick replies🐂🙂🙂☺️
    edited May 25
    You're welcome. I wouldn't give you any incorrect advice. If i wasn't 100% sure then i certainly wouldn't have advised you.
    The doctor says they will do me a med3 certificate so do I take that in the jobcentre or scan to DWP once I am on sdp? 
    You'll need to send it to DWP but you need to claim ESA first once your SDP is in payment.
    How do i claim esa? Once sdp is in payment?? I m line or over the phone 

Contribution-based and income-related ESA

Call the contact centre to apply for contribution-based and income-related ESA.

Contact centre
    Telephone: 0800 169 0350
    I have a note from the gp but I am still on jobseekers at the minute so do I show them that to show I cant engage in work activity?? 
    Show the jobcentre I mean to 
    Show the jobcentre I can't do every single thing they request 
    Have you claimed the SDP? if so then is it in payment yet?
    kami24 said:
    I have a note from the gp but I am still on jobseekers at the minute so do I show them that to show I cant engage in work activity?? 
    When was the last time you handed in a sick note for your JSA claim? and how long did the sick note last for?
    They are just processing the sdp will send me a note shortly. I last gave a sick note a few months back as I don't face the doctors often and waiting lists so it makes me too tense to deal with notes. This note is until August they have done it till Aug 18th
    For JSA you can only claim this with a sick note for a maximum 13 weeks per year. So if the time you claimed before exceeded 13 weeks then you won't be able to claim it again.

You'll need to wait for the SDP to start and then claim Income Related ESA.
    Okay thankyou I will give the sick note in as I only got one for 1 week previously so should be okay but what does that mean? They won't force me to search as much for jobs as they are too much alot of the time even though I print off everything I had applied for 
    You're welcome.

What happens next (if you want to keep claiming JSA) If you are sick and want to stay on JSA you will need to talk to your work coach. Your work coach will discuss your sickness or health condition and agree with you what you are able to do to look for work over the period you are sick. The actions you agree will be recorded and your work coach will keep in touch with you while you are sick. If you do not do the things you have agreed to do to look for work you may lose your benefit.

The above was taken from this link.

As soon as the SDP is in payment you need to claim the ESA.

How much is esa do you lose the sdp?? 
  • Hart86Hart86 Posts: 99Member Courageous
    SDP is on top of esa/jsa so you won’t lose it with moving to esa x
    Thankyou I have to move onto it as the staff in the jobcentre are horrible even though i printed about 10 pages off of jobsearches 
    Hi new question is how long does an esa claim take to process and payment etc as I have closed my jsa account now and claimed esa on the phone on Friday 
    Thanks for all of your good and fast advice poppy 123456
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 486Member Pioneering
    You need to talk to your employment coach. They will discuss your current state of health and offer advice on what to do next. Make sure your questions are answered. Keep us updated and don’t forget to contact them frequently to update them. 
    You need to talk to your employment coach. They will discuss your current state of health and offer advice on what to do next. Make sure your questions are answered. Keep us updated and don’t forget to contact them frequently to update them. 
    There's no employment coach when claiming ESA.
    kami24 said:
    Thanks for all of your good and fast advice poppy 123456
    You're very welcome.
Sign in or join us to comment.