Modofied Crutches — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Modofied Crutches

Options
Matildacat
Matildacat Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hello, looking for advice please. I have just had a knee replacement. At the assessment day I clearly stated that I had CP and mobility problem so I was hoping that physio would have helped me with some modified crutches. This hasn't happened and I am struggling to use the unmodified crutches. I have basically been told to use the zimmer frame (which i can use) and go up and downstairs on my bottom when I get home. I find this response disappointing as they knew I would have issues with the crutches but don't appear to want to do anything about it  Anyone have any thoughts about midified crutches. Many thanks

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi @Matildacat welcome to the community :) I am sorry to hear this, how are you doing today? I think you or your GP should have a word with them again, that the unmodified crutches are not helpful. 

Please keep us updated.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Matildacat! Have you managed to find a solution? What kind of modifications would you need? Is this support to hold the crutch or the lack of balance with the base of the crutch being small?
    In the past I have trialled tripod sticks which were beneficial due to my lack of balance on normal crutches. An example of these can be found here. Again, I would advise going back to your GP regarding this :) 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.