Getting involved in Disability Training as a career? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting involved in Disability Training as a career?

Options
Garza
Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
edited June 2019 in Work and employment
I am interested in becoming involved in disability awareness training/consultancy, preferably as a self employed person, I have no idea where to start, are there courses I can take or as a lifelong wheelchair user would that be enough? 

Comments

• Matt_Scope
    Matt_Scope Scope Posts: 56 Pioneering
    Options
    there are a number of wheelchair skills training opportunities potentially available through charities such as Whizz-kidz and Get kids going etc and disability sports specific training opportunities available within sport and leisure if that's your thing.  I would possibly look at starting out that way and then building experience and an awareness of whats out there.  Of the training consultants that I know working in areas of accessibility, some have legal backgrounds, others just a lot of experience and have worked in DPOs etc.  I am sure other people will come up with other ways of accessing this line of work, but hopefully this gives you some ideas. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.