Inclusive weight loss classes/groups for wheelchair users? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Inclusive weight loss classes/groups for wheelchair users?

Options
Garza
Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
I was wondering if anyone went to weight loss classes or groups which were inclusive for disabled people, I am trying to diet but find it frustrating that there seems to be a lack of publicly accessible wheel on scales, I was wondering if people felt there was a need for this? 

Also if inclusive groups similar to slimming world with these kind of scales were available would they attend? 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Garza how are you doing today? 

There's a search engine you can use on the Inclusive Alliance website, that may find a local accessible gym near you. Hopefully some of our members can share their experiences with you. Please keep us updated.
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    just seeing if this gets any more interest, I have had to put my weight oss on hold because I have been either in hospital or home on bed rest since may

I was wondering if other members would be interested in taking part in a biggest loser style event if one could be organised

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Garza, thank you for sharing this with us :) I hope you'll be able organise this! 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.