pip shambles — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip shambles

doigy123
doigy123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi my name is gary and my girlfriend has been suffering from psychosis since 1974, I am a full time carer for her and now dreading this change from dla  to pip, sent off the forms in april then got emails and text messages that they hadent received them they sent out new forms but she was under threat of having her dla stopped, when I phoned again iwas told to fill  out the form again and get it photocopied at my exspense  then told to send it by registered post again at my exspense but with no guarantee that was proof of sending the form ? by chance I phoned them before I sent it off having travelled all round Bristol for some 5 hours I got a text from from pip saying thank you for for your sending your claim, I find it amazing that the form has taken so long to reach them but also how they managed to find it the day I complained after after ,a month of being lost, total shambles by dwp you are playing with peoples lives

Comments

• Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Hello @doigy123

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

Welcome to the Community.

I know it can be very frustrating I have had the same problem, at least they have it now

Its just a waiting game now. I wish you well and hope tour interview goes well.

Although you might not need one fingers crossed.

if we can be of any further help please let us know.

Have a good day

@connie00

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @doigy123 :) 

That must have been stressful for you, glad to hear they have it now. How are you doing today? We have some information about PIP. If you have any questions, please let us know. :)
  • EileenM
    EileenM Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My experience of the interview for pip was horrendous. Sorry to be slightly negative. The room was freezing cold even the host was shivering. Had to be there at 8.30 am & travelled over 30 miles to get there. Couldn’t park had to park several streets away. Barely able to put one foot in front of the other. Thank goodness my daughter was aiding me. 
    Needless to say I wasn’t awarded pip. The comments on the results were awful and made me feel 2 inches tall. It was even commented that I could retrieve my purse from my bag. And that I looked well kempt! I’ve worked all my life including the last 12 years with cancer. Had to finally retire early on Ill health. The company made it obvious that I was no longer wanted there after 20 yrs of service. 
    I even emailed Amber Rudd with full details of the interview. But of course no answer was ever received. 

Grrr ☹️ So frustrating. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @EileenM and a very warm welcome to the community! I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience, those comments are out of order! Did/ have you appealed the decision?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.