If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Abdomino pherenic dyssynergia

Bluey32Bluey32 Posts: 29Member Connected
edited June 11 in Dealing with chronic pain
Hi all I'm.new to scope. This is a great site to talk to people with disabilities. I have been diagnosed with abdonino phrenic dyssynergia. I have not found anybody else with my condition as yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 
My condition basically is that my diaphram is not working how it should be so instead of  being concave it convexes(best way of explaining) so it pushes my organ outwards so I look 7 months pregnant all the time. I have had to stop working as I am in a lot of pain most of day/night. I can't bend down pick up from the floor. I have 2 wear slip on shoes basically there's not much I can do. I have to wear  maternity clothes every day. I have had to go private as the nhs kept on telling me it was ibs. I have tried many diets like dairy free gluten free low fibre high fibre diets as the doctors recommend as they thought it was a bowel disorder. There is not much on the internet about my condition only on the rome foundation site. Is there anybody on this site that has my condition ?
Thank you for taking the time to read my post 💜

Replies

• Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Posts: 1,783Member Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Bluey32 how are you doing today?  I am sorry to hear you what you're going through, so thank you for being open and sharing this with us. I have not found a member with this condition, but if they are, they will be sure to reply to you. How has the treatment been since going private?
  • Bluey32Bluey32 Posts: 29Member Connected
    Hi Antonia all  they have done is try me on different tablets. But my belly is still big. My pain is bearable. My mobility is getting worse now. But I'm still smiling x☺
  • Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Posts: 1,783Member Pioneering
    Hi @Bluey32 thank you for your reply. I see, glad to hear the pain is bearable, sorry to hear about your mobility. I am not a medical professional but I saw a page about physical therapy.- has you Doctor suggests this to you?

Happy to hear you are still smiling, smiling right back at you. :) 
Sign in or join us to comment.