Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

connoro007
connoro007 Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
edited June 2019 in Education
hi, I’ve been referred to for an ASD assessment which will take 11 months. I’ve tried to enter education and do my a levels twice and an access course 4 times. I didn’t go a lot of the time due to anxiety and I suffered burnouts that led to hospitalisation on two occasions. I just want to get somewhere in life, I enjoy learning about the human body and with my conditions (ADHD/GAD/history of self harm and suicide attempts) and a strong likelihood of ASD, i know that it will really impact my mental health if I can’t pursue what I enjoy. I spoke to the college today (the college counsellor, too nervous to speak to the tutor) and they said I would need an ok from my psychiatrist and support put in place. It makes me feel so obsolete and worthless. Just wondering what sort of support would be available? Or if anyone has any suggestions? Don’t think I could afford the OU but it will be an idea. Thank you 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.