Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Working for nothing

cokeen43cokeen43 Member Posts: 23 Connected
Why is my carer looking after me for at least 60 hours per week and gets £65 per week and has his u c deducted by the exact amount, he is not covering petrol or wear and tear on his car, i have to pay all that out my u.c how is that allowed to happen

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cokeen43 I have found this discussion which may answer your question. Let us know if you need any further help :)
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 21,104 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    cokeen43 said:
    Why is my carer looking after me for at least 60 hours per week and gets £65 per week and has his u c deducted by the exact amount, he is not covering petrol or wear and tear on his car, i have to pay all that out my u.c how is that allowed to happen
    Hi,

Is your carer receiving the carers element of UC in with their monthly payment?  Ask them to check their online account, this element is £160.20 per month. Unfortunately, when claiming Carers Allowance it is always deducted £1 for £1 when claiming UC, JSA, ESA or Income Support.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • cokeen43cokeen43 Member Posts: 23 Connected
    Dont think he is 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 21,104 Disability Gamechanger
    He will need to check his UC account to see what's added. If it's not added then he needs to either put a note on asking for it to be added or ring them.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • cokeen43cokeen43 Member Posts: 23 Connected
    Thankyou for advice
Sign in or join us to comment.