Please remember we are here to help and support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please remember we are here to help and support

Options
CockneyRebel
CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
 Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it is not always helpfull to hijack a thread, started by a member who is looking for guidance at a difficult time. It can be confusing when a subject gets off topic and negative, unhelpful comments are made.
If you want to have a rant and or moan, why not start your own thread which makes it much easier for some of us to ignore you
Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Completely agree with you here. It's very difficult to give anyone any advice when you constantly have someone posting negative comments that aren't particularly helpful to a forum member that has come here for help, support and advice.

The ignore feature works well but there's a limit to how many people you can add, which isn't very helpful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I can understand the sentiment but everyone sees things from different perspectives and sometimes, in explaining why they disagree, people can sometimes wander off topic unintentionally. Hopefully, reminders of the rules f etiquette should be sufficient for most people to understand why what they have done is incorrect but it can be difficult when they do not see it as wrong themselves. Perhaps a direct contact from a mod would be the best way to try and steer the most frequent offenders in the right direction.

One difficulty I have faced in the past is when I have tried to provide information relating to a further point raised when it really isn't really part of the original thread. Unfortunately, like most conversations, sometimes they lead off into separate threads but, as they are connected, it would be difficult to start a new thread disassociated from the point mentioned. In this instance I believe that only a mod could separate out the discrepancy.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    Options
    Completely agree with you here. It's very difficult to give anyone any advice when you constantly have someone posting negative comments that aren't particularly helpful to a forum member that has come here for help, support and advice.

The ignore feature works well but there's a limit to how many people you can add, which isn't very helpful.
    @poppy123456 just to update you there is a higher limit on the ignore feature, hopefully that will be helpful for you all to ignore the negative posters.
    Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    Options
    We are aware of the members you're notifying us about. We are in regular contact with them to remind them of the rules and ensure they're following the terms and conditions of our community.  
    We do have policies and procedures in place that as Scope moderators we need to follow.  To some, it may seem as if we are not dealing with reports but I can personally assure you all that we are following our guidelines to try and keep the community a safe, friendly and welcoming place for all or our members to join us. 
    Please use the ignore feature so that you can block the members that you wish to, and try to remember that this is a free forum for everyone to post on. Unfortunately, there will always be people that are more negative in their approach and others who will, thinking they're clever, try to work around our guidelines.
    Debbie
    Online Community Manager

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.