pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

Options
char38
char38 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Had a letter dated 22 may19 yesterday sayin they had all the info then needed. I hate waiting

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I always find those automatically generated letters very annoying because it could still be weeks, depending on backlog. Hopefully not too long.

Requesting a copy of the assessment report, if you live in the UK will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be. Of course you'll still have to wait for the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • char38
    Options
    Already got my medical report. Just waitin for for it to b all done proper is a rubbish waitin game?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you have your assessment report then you must have an idea or indecation of what your award may should be. Nobody likes waiting be it for a meal eating out or hospital appointments but have your results al be it not official you can rest easy now or start preparing your Mr if required. 
  • char38
    Options
    Yer ive added up my points n im fine with what she gave me. Its just a long waitin game. Also my son will b claimin carers but cant do that til the decision comes through in writtin
  • poppy123456
    Options
    char38 said:
    Yer ive added up my points n im fine with what she gave me. Its just a long waitin game. Also my son will b claimin carers but cant do that til the decision comes through in writtin
    Just want to check, do you claim any other benefits like Income Related ESA/JSA or Income Support? If so, do you live alone or classed as living alone? If you do then you can claim the severe disability premium but if someone claims Carers allowance for looking after you then you won't be able to claim it. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • char38
    Options
    How old do u have to b for that?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    char38 said:
    How old do u have to b for that?
    Age makes no difference. If you answer my questions in my previous comment i'll be able to give you more advice.
  • char38
    Options
    Im on UC n i do live on my own.. will look into it thank u 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Unfortunately, because you claim UC then the SDP is not payable.
  • poppy123456
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.