Looking to read anyone's experience applying for the charitable grant. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking to read anyone's experience applying for the charitable grant.

meandmine30
meandmine30 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Just been awarded enhanced pip. We currently have a t4 because after trailing numerous cars this is the only one that fits our large family and my bits in.

We have 2 toddlers who have to be in the second row of the car, this means they have to be able to fit their seats next to each other so we can get the older ones in the back, there is 3 of them, ages 11,9 and 8. So we need all them and then wheelchair, walking stick, change bag, shopping etc. 

This is the only car that fits the lot in with comfortable space for myself as well. The only catch on the kids is that the 9+8 yr old live with their mother 50% of the year but when I said 50% we do actually have them that often and sometimes more. 

The t32 I think the newest model transporter is requires a payment of like £3000 upfront so what I want to know(if anyone has managed to read this far) is what are my chances that I will get help with this money? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Motability can help with the cost of the advance payment in certain circumstances. It's also means tested.

One of the things they take into consideration is your family that live in the same household. As you have your children 50% of the time then this could be an issue. Someone i know applied for this for similar reasons to yourself and because they didn't have all of their children at home all the time then they were refused because of this reason. All you can do is apply and see what happens.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • meandmine30
    meandmine30 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Yeh, I've already applied. The step children thing is annoying because if we don't have a car then we don't see them. It's that simple because my husband drives around numerous schools picking kids up and we couldn't afford to pay child care etc so he would have time to do it. So ridiculous. A judge also made him bankrupt, said he didn't care where his new wife and new baby lived, his ex wife needed all the money from the sale of their 250,000 home. And then on top of that me getting ill, my husband having to finish working to care for me. It has all spiralled
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Motability will be able to help you. Apply and see what happens. The worst thing is that they turn around and say no. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Motability will be able to help you. Apply and see what happens. The worst thing is that they turn around and say no. 
    They already applied for the grant from motability as stated in their previous comment. I'm assuming they were refused.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.