No one to attend with me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No one to attend with me

scotschick7
scotschick7 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi everyone i recently got called for an assessment. I had my mother to go with me as support as I really suffer terribly having to travel anywhere or in unfamiliar places due to my MH. My doc requested a home visit and they had lost the letter so cancelled my app until they recieved another and the granted me a taxi .  Only thing is now the new date I have no to go with me now as my mother works that day and is too short notice to change. My mum can accompany me to the centre but has to leave sbout 30/40 mins after my app is scheduled. Last time they had me wait an hour I am so worried to be alone and I don't know where to turn at all. Thanks

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Where where you live 
  • scotschick7
    @dotty123 I live just outside Glasgow. My mum can attend but she has to leave to pick kids up from school . It gives me about 50 mins to hopefully be seen. I hope they at least understand I have no one else its all so short notice for anyone who works to come. I can't stop worrying
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @scotschick7, I'm sorry you can't find anyone to come with you! When is the appointment? I really hope they are understanding of your situation.
    Scope

• scotschick7
    Hi everyone I thought I would update. I recently had my assesmemt and my mum managed to come with me. Unfortunately it took about 40 minutes from appointment time to be seen so I knew when I got out she would not be there as already had her hands tied as my ppointment date was changed. I got called for and I explained to the assessor about my mum and then I just broke down.  I had a full blown panic attack and now i feel so embarrassed and ashamed. I cried through most of it and i am still drained now. I just wanted to state through it all the assessor could not hhave ve been anymore helpful and understanding. She done her best to reassure me and gave me time to try and calm down. I obviously don't know the outcome but just wanted to let people know through the horror of it all the assessor was very professional. I see such negativity about them i thought it would be helpful to share that although I had a meltdown due to all the circumstances I felt she handled the situation well. I can only wait to find out but i am glad that is over. Thanks to all who replied. Will update when I hear back with a decision
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited June 2019
    Hi @scotchic, I'm sorry they were running so late and your mum wasn't able to go in with you. It sounds like a really stressful experience and one I'm sure many of our members can relate to.
    It's good that you found your assessor to be helpful though, as we hear a lot of negative stories. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your decision and please make sure to update us when you do.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • scotschick7
    Hello everyone just spoke with the DWP and have been awarded support group. Regulation 35 was mentioned on report so assuming that is why.  Such a relief I can't even put into words the stress I felt under. just wanted to an thank you all who have replied here, this website helped me feel a little less alone through all this stress. Thanks again
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @scotschick7, that's great news! Thank you for taking the time to update us :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's great @scotschick7
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kevin52
    kevin52 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.