Is she traumatised by the fall ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is she traumatised by the fall ?

keiron
keiron Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, 
My 2 year old fell of a bed while stopping at her aunties 4 weeks ago. Physical injuries where not substantial. after taking her to GP to be sure it was just superficial he verified it was. She was prior to the fall in a brilliant sleeping pattern she had always gone up I put her in bed kiss night and she would sleep with out any disturbances, however since the fall is inconsolable, an will become distressed every night until in bed with me. Is she traumatised by the fall ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    Hi @keiron welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. As wr are not medical professionals we cannot advise in that respect. I fell out of bed last year and I'm still a bit hesitant even though I have a bed guard now. Does your daughter have a bed guard?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @keiron

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

Welcome to the Community.

I think @ami2301 makes a valid point I think this will really help your daughter regain her trust back

By getting a bed guard she will learn to feel safe again, please let us know how she gets on with this

if we can be of any further help to you please let us know.

Have a good day

@connie00

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @keiron and welcome to the community! I am so sorry your daughter has been struggling to sleep and is distressed, this cannot be easy to witness every night. It would be hard for us to say due to not being medically trained or not knowing your daughters background. How has she been the last few days? Bed guards may make her feel a little safer.
    Scope

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    How is she feeling now? You might also want to purchase bed guards or rails too. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @keiron, how is your daughter on a night now?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.