Be part of how Scope reviews and develops its services — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Be part of how Scope reviews and develops its services

Jess_Alumni
Jess_Alumni Community member Posts: 5 Courageous

Hi everyone, I'm Jess and I work as Evaluation Officer for Scope. I'd like to tell you about a project I'm running that I need your help with.

As you hopefully know, Scope’s vision is a society where all disabled people enjoy equality and fairness. We’re a strong community of disabled and non-disabled people with a shared vision of equality. We provide practical advice and emotional support through a range of services.  

To make sure our services are helping us achieve our vision, we measure how well they are working and what they are achieving. We call this process evaluation

Evaluation uses a range of research methods to gather information about a service. These methods include surveys, interviews with customers, and more. 

We believe that disabled people should have a central role in evaluation and that the way we judge our services should be led by disabled people's needs and priorities. 

That's why we are looking for six disabled people to help us plan and run an evaluation of our national Support to Work service. Support to Work provides online and telephone support for disabled people who are applying for jobs.  

Our evaluation of Support to Work will run for nine months from summer 2019 to spring 2020. During this time, a small part-time team will collect, analyse and share information about the service and put it into a report. Scope will use the report to make improvements to Support to Work. It may also create evidence that we can use to lobby government and prove impact.  

We've created three roles for disabled people in this evaluation team. The roles have varying levels of time commitment and call for different skills. We’ll pay you for your time and your travel expenses. We want to recruit two people to each role. 

If you want to find out more, please take a look at the role profiles below. 

Role 1: Co-evaluator (around 11.5 hours a month, paid position)  

Role 2: Peer Reviewer (around 3 to 4 hours a month, recognised with vouchers) 

Role 3: Customer Representative (around 2 to 3 hours a month, recognised with vouchers) 

The people who take up the roles will be supported and supervised in all tasks. I'll be the main person supporting you. For more information or to send in your application, please get in touch at jessica.bricknell@scope.org.uk.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Jess

Evaluation Officer at Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.