Work Cabability test again... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work Cabability test again...

nomy
nomy Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hello all. I found this forum very useful in the past, but having gone through this ordeal a little over a year ago, I now find yet another questionnaire arrived today to go through the whole thing again. Is this normal? What on earth is the point when nothing has changed over the course of just one year? Last time it was painful, humiliating and made to feel as awkward and demeaning as possible. I was granted the benefit last year, but only after I requested a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Unfortunately, it's perfectly normal. They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. You need to make sure the form is returned no later than the date stated in the letter and send supporting evidence with the form.

Knowing the reasons you were placed into the group you're in will help you, this way you can concentrate on that when filling out the form. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Nomy, I'm glad you've found the community helpful before and I hope we can help you again with your new assessment, sorry you're having to go through it again already. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • nomy
    nomy Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Thank you. It's easy to be cynical isn't it?

Can I ask, do they have to come out for a home assessment if requested? I did so last time as we are over 30 miles from our nearest centre, but they ignored my request. It's physically very difficult for me to travel those kinds of distances, and the centre itself is right in the middle of the city with no parking.

Many thanks :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    If you attend other appointments then this can go against you for a home assessment. There's no harm in trying but you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend the assessment centre.

You could also ask for a taxi, if it will help you get to the assessment but be aware that they won't always pay for this. Ring the health assessment providers to request that, if you need to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    This is all too common. I’ve experienced the same thing with my son’s DLA forms. First of all you need to ask your GP to type a letter to support your application form stating all of your reasons for non attendance for your assessment. Then figure out transportation. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.