10 minutes with the doctor after a year wait — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

10 minutes with the doctor after a year wait

Options
Agrontota
Agrontota Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Good morning everyone I just want to share some information with you lovely people regarding my son my son Alex is 5 in September after waiting such a long time for an appointment at gosh we finally had an appointment yesterday which we was very excited we just thought we going to get some answers back regarding my son's illness is disability but after travelling 2 hours and a half by train to get to great Homer Street Hospital organisation of the reception is very bad after we had a chicken they told us to wait zebra B after 40 minutes we keep waiting waiting waiting no one is calling us so I went back the reception and I ask them what's going on my appointment so they had another look at their computer and then they told us sorry you have to go to zebra A after 60 minutes waiting for the appointment we finally had to see the doctor that was a surprise after waiting a year for an appointment we only spent 10 minutes of the doctor and he tolld as that in afew months he will make an appointment four alex sow they can do more tests we watit one year just four that and we travel 2hours on train just to tell that that I'm sure we have to  wait one more year four my  experience I don't think that they care they not doing everything they geting payt to do 

Comments

• Imogen_Steele
    Imogen_Steele Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for sharing your experience. I know it can be extremely frustrating when you travel to and wait a long time for an appointment only to be told you need more tests. As a past patient of Great Ormond Street Hospital, my experience is that once you are in their system appointments come through a bit quicker.  The care I received at GOSH was the best I experienced on the NHS. Lets hope things get better for you soon
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Agrontota, that must have been so frustrating and I understand how important it can be to learn more. It's really good that he is now in the system and I really hope you will have a better appointment when you have the test results :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.