Capability for work assessment report. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capability for work assessment report.

sammclean94
sammclean94 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
After receiving advice yesterday I phoned universal credit after being on hold for 20 minutes  I asked for my assessment report, the woman on the other end of the phone deflected my question time and time again saying its not in my best interest to see the report before I have recieved my answer. After much persisting she agreed and said she speak to her team leader to see if she could do anything. She asked if there was anything else she could do and before I replied she hung up. What are my options here? I want to see the report as it's been 9 weeks since my assessment but it's almost like they dont want to show me.

Comments

• sammclean94
    (Update) have finally agreed to let me view my report, but for some reason are deciding to post it which can take upto 2 weeks. Do universal credit purposefully try to make things awkward? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not available to view online. The only way to see it, is with them sending you a paper copy.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sammclean94
    The health assessment centre told me on the phone that it can be emailed over when I spoke to them yesterday. But they take 2 days to respond to emails. It's hard to know who's right and wrong because they all say different things  
  • poppy123456
    DWP do not use email for sending things like this. I'm not sure why you were told that by the health assessment centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sammclean94
    Neither am I, is there anything else I can do at all apart from wait? 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Just get on with your life and try not to worry what if situations. Wait till you get the report and read carefully making a decision after seeking advice and opinions. 
  • poppy123456
    Neither am I, is there anything else I can do at all apart from wait? 
    No, i'm afraid there's nothing more you can do. Make sure you look at the last part of the report which will contain the recommendations.
  • sammclean94
    I'll try my best but its hard dude to anxiety being my issue and obviously this doesnt help. But thanks for the advice and I'll wait to see what the report says.
  • poppy123456
    Waiting is always the worst. Even those that don't suffer with anxiety experience it during these times.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.