Fusion failure: anyone had a SPECT scan? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fusion failure: anyone had a SPECT scan?

Options
nix75
nix75 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi all. I’m new to this site but so glad I found it. I had TLIf surgery in Jan 2016 and have been telling them since then it’s not right.  I got a letter yesterday after an MRI sending me for a SPECT scan as the cage is backed out. Does anyone know what this means please : thanks in advance and hi everyone xxxx

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @nix75

A very warm welcome.

I have had chronic back and neck problems for many years.

I recall seeing a spinal surgeon who wanted to perform a Posterior Lumber Inverbre Fusion (PLIF).

Rods put in lower back and bone harvested from hip to fuse repair.

At the time I was unsure if I wanted it done.

So I got a second opinion from another spinal surgeon, he explained that there is considerable risk (can’t remember what these were).

As a result I did not have it done, the thing that swayed me most, pain and discomfort might still remain.

Though I still suffer on a daily basis, I feel I made the right choice.

Have you got an appointment with the surgeon that carried out your operation?

I am sure they will be able to sort things out for you.

Please keep us informed.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nix75 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy your time on here and get your query answered soon. If you need anything else then please do let me know :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.