PIP timescales Scotland — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP timescales Scotland

drewdundee
drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone, hope you are all having a great day.

Just wondering what your experiences have been if you have recently claimed pip. I live in Scotland and I put in a claim for pip on the 25th of February. Then I had my face to face assessment on the 16th of May. I received a copy of my report and I was given 8 points for daily living and 10 points for mobility, but as yet I've not received a letter confirming if I am or no going to get anything. 

I am totally overthinking everything after reading these forums and others, worried that the decision maker wont go with what the report from the face to face said. 

Any advice on timescales would be great, i know it's unlikely people will have answers but experiences would be nice to hear. 

Thanks so much
Drew

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, having your report and knowing in advance what your Pip award may should be can be a good thing as in your case you can expect an award notification letter for the standard rate of PIP for each component. The decision makers normally go with the report recommendations and as for receiving your notification letter this varies from area to area depending on backlogs and workloads. Please keep posting and give the community an update when you get your award

• drewdundee
    Hi there,

Thank you so much for responding. I will keep you all up to date on how my pip claim is going. I have to say I had the nicest nurse doing my face to face report. She was factual and really backed up my issues I have. Interesting to note, she noted down how my mobility was getting in and out of the taxi, so they must have some recording equipment outside and film you doing that. I've heard rumors of this but it was clear as day when i got my report and she said, I had struggled twice to get out of the taxi. 

Thanks again
    Drew 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @drewdundee and welcome to the community.
    Waiting times can very drastically I'm afraid and differ depending on where you live and the backlog, but fingers crossed you won't have too much longer to wait.
    Good to hear your assessor was thorough but accurate and hopefully this'll be reflected in the decision. 
    Best of luck and please keep us updated with how your claim progresses. It'll be good to get a rough idea of wait times in Scotland too. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • drewdundee
    Hi everyone,

So i called the pip office today to find out whats going on and to see if there is any update on my claim. They informed me a decision was made and that they have sent a letter out dated yesterday 11/06/2019. They have awarded me standard daily living and standard mobility which was my report seemed to indicate. I get a backdated payment into my account on the 17/06/2019.

So from the start February 25th to the 11th of June for a result.

Hope this helps anyone going through a claim in Scotland as to the current time scales.

Thanks
    Drew  
  • Adrian_Scope
    That's great @drewdundee, thank you for updating us with a rough time-scale for claimants in Scotland. Do you agree with your award?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • drewdundee
    Yeah I agree with my award, It was honest, The assessor was honest as was I. I think it was fair assessment. No complaints about the process just the time it takes. I am fortunate that i have a full time job, I only need this award to help with getting around more as I cannot walk far at the moment. So it will be a great help.

One question is there a fixed date that pip is paid for everyone, or is the payments individual, does anyone know.

Thank you again
    Drew
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @drewdundee, they're different for everyone, typically it's paid 4-weekly and always on the same day (unless that falls on a bank holiday then it will be paid the working day before). 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.