If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

In my appeal papers

DanOApanDanOApan Posts: 52Member Connected
The dwp states the hp considered my condition on the majority of days and not exacerbation's of his condition.

Replies

• DanOApanDanOApan Posts: 52Member Connected
    This is surely not correct as I have osteoarthritis in many joints and flares up all the time .....
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,313Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
  • zakbloodzakblood Posts: 226Member Pioneering

i failed my ESA WCA on the same points, knowing something is there, reading it and understanding it yourself, but then getting a assessor who doesn't, is rather meaningless tbh,

i have Spondyloarthropathy, spondylarthritis. canal stenosis with posterior disc bulges at L2/3 and L3/4, sagittal and axial T1 and T2, degeneration of lumber spine.

A degenerative disorder of the lower back first diagnosed  way back in 1999, and at the time, the senior consult wrote a side note on my paper work, which i now have a copy of, will get worse with wear and tear and age.

with side effects from long term med use such as next to no control of bladder or bowels with IBS, high blood pressure and now acute Migraine

chronic back pain, Sciatica, Panic attacks, anxiety, stress, frozen shoulder and trapped nerves to name just a few missed out!

flare ups happen all the time and have increased from a few a year to a amount now that's it's happening every month and thats just for Sciatica, back can be weather dependent, with poor or bad weather, damp and cold making it worse, but knowing all this, and still scoring 0 points, makes you wonder why they train a nurse to do a assessment at all.

as a lack of understanding medical terms or the rules for that matter, means it's just more stress and a tribunal visit to over turn 

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,313Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    This is a PIP thread not an ESA one. 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 1,957Administrator Scope community team
    edited June 13
    I'll move your thread into ESA, not a problem :)
Sign in or join us to comment.