If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Fibromyalgia verses pip

ToffeeToffee Posts: 168Member Pioneering
edited July 12 in PIP, DLA and AA
Looking for people who have applied, been award, been refused to tell there story to help us all on this horrid condition. 

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 4,985Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Toffee PIP is not based on the condition itself but is based on how your condition affects your ability to carry out daily tasks and your mobility. I hope our community members will be along shortly to share their experience with you :)
    You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!
  • ToffeeToffee Posts: 168Member Pioneering
    Thank you ami  
  • MKMaleMKMale Posts: 24Member Courageous
    Hello @Toffee ;
    I have Fibromyalgia, and I was awarded PIP high rate for both components a few years ago. I will happily help if you still need people. Just let me know if and how I can help.
    Kindest Regards

Drew 
    Yes thank you drew
  • sheZZasheZZa Posts: 155Member Pioneering
    @Toffee
    i have fibromyalgia and several other debilitating illnesses. Four years ago I was awarded enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility. Although nothing has changed, if anything things have gotten worse, in May I was awarded standard for both.
    Ty for sharing shezza x
  • trezashtrezash Posts: 3Member Listener
    Hi I have fibromyalgia I was diagnosed 3 years ago I applied for pip a year ago this January I got awarded no points at assessment and mandatory reconsideration waiting for my appeal on the 5 th of August my condition had gotten so much worse my anxiety and panic attacks have lead to two really bad falls one which resulted in me breaking my wrist iam due to go back for a second operation on the 1 st of August not looking forward to any of them fibromyalgia has really changed my life !!x
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 10,849Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    trezash said:
    Hi I have fibromyalgia I was diagnosed 3 years ago I applied for pip a year ago this January I got awarded no points at assessment and mandatory reconsideration waiting for my appeal on the 5 th of August my condition had gotten so much worse my anxiety and panic attacks have lead to two really bad falls one which resulted in me breaking my wrist iam due to go back for a second operation on the 1 st of August not looking forward to any of them fibromyalgia has really changed my life !!x
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do be aware that the Tribunal won't be able to take into consideration any worsening of condition. They will only look at how your conditions affected you when the decision was made.
    So sorry to here this trezash big hugs thank you for sharing your experience x
  • robt1066robt1066 Posts: 27Member Courageous
    A lady I know got a basic daily living award for fibromyalgia.
  • robt1066robt1066 Posts: 27Member Courageous
    ... that's a PIP daily living award. 
  • ilovecatsilovecats Posts: 828Member Pioneering
    Fibromyalgia is one of the most commonly assessed conditions. Many many people are awarded for it.
    Ty lovcat and robt x
  • JurphJurph Posts: 120Member Pioneering
    I applied for PIP in January 2018. I didn't get a single point.

I'm off to tribunal in a few weeks.
    Fibromyalgia sufferer.

An invisible disability is still a disability.
    Fingers crossed jurph maybe ppl on here can give you some advice x
Sign in or join us to comment.