Waiting for court date — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for court date

deeds1970
deeds1970 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi,Sorry if this has been already asked as im new here.
I was on enhanced care& motorbility.
My new award has come back standard for both.My question is as im appealing and awaiting court date what in the 6 months of waiting(on average).what payments do i receive ,nothing or at the new rate they offered until court decision?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You will receive payment for standard for both while waiting. The first step to a Tribunal is the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you can't request the Tribunal without first going through the MR process. Most MR decisions remain the same.

Waiting times for Tribunal hearings are huge across most of the country and some are waiting in excess of 1 year from the time your appeal is accepted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @deeds1970

A very warm welcome.

You need to seek face to face advice from a Welfare rights officer, as you need to seek a Mandatory Reconsideration, in the first instance.

Contact your local CAB or community law centre.

You will receive payments as per your recent award, in the first instance.

If your award is increased at the MR stage, this will be back dated to start of your claim.

Let us know, if you require further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Best wishes.
  • deeds1970
    deeds1970 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Thankyou for your replies .
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @deeds1970 and a warm welcome to the community. 

Best of luck with your appeal. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.