Disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability

susan272
susan272 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
I think it’s pitiful I get £411 a month for me and my disabled 11 year old the government should be paying us a proper wage because I can’t go out to work , a typical live in Carers get  this wage and we have to struggle, we don’t get holidays or time off they can go to work and go home this is our life , and we’re saving the government money so they can pay themselves more , discrasfull  , and they want us to vote for them to get the top job , [removed by moderator] Carers should be paid a good wage , even foster Carers are paid well and we’re dumped in the **** , government is a waste of time

Comments

• JanetPrice90JanetPri
    JanetPrice90JanetPri Community member Posts: 7 Listener
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @susan272 and welcome to the community. 

While I completely understand and share your frustration, could I please ask you to be mindful of your language as it goes against our community guidelines as it can be offensive to our members, some of whom might be children. 

CarersUK are currently campaigning for a higher Carer's Allowance in the Fairer for Carers campaign

Are you getting much in the way of support with your 11 year old? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @susan272

To confirm Carers UK have a petition on the go, calling for an increase in CA allowance.

You might also like to know, in Scotland CA has been increased, so I would hope Carers UK would wish to seek legal action for the rest of the UK.

@Adrian_Scope can you find a link about the petition, thanks in advance.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @atlas46,
    I believe the petition is now closed. They delivered a letter on behalf of all carers at the start of this year. But might be wrong.
    They're still campaigning for carers to be more fairly compensated and to bring the rest of the UK in line with Scotland.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.