Unsure if I should have applied for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unsure if I should have applied for PIP

Options
Rainie
Rainie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am unsure about this PIP. My friend said I should apply as I have COPD. I Left work and am now claiming my State Pension I was told today I will get full Housing benefit and pay less Council tax . I did fill and send forms off for PIP and should get word soon. I am worried now as I saw on the H.B. forms ect that they want to know if I received this payment I said no as that was before I put in for it and my friend said it does not effect benefits, but if that is the case why would they ask then? I now wish I had not applied as I thought it was to good to be true and now that I have got my rent ect all sorted out I now don't want everything changed and what happens if I don't get much I just wish I had not been told about this now it worries me .

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Rainie and welcome

If you are over state retirement age then you cannot qualify for PIP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Are you sure you didn't apply for attendance allowance?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rainie
    Options
    Oh thank you so much for the replies as I did not know that when I reach this age I cant get it, and in the forms it never asked. As I am knew to all this I never thought so I am glad I came on here to find this out now. Thank you once more x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you start your claim off they ask you for your date of birth so i'm surprised you were sent the forms.

Attendance Allowance doesn't have the mobility part, just the care part. The criteria for this is different to PIP. This link will tell you all about it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rainie
    Options
    Yes after filling in such a long form to. Then said they would come to house I waited all day no one came or phoned me I then go to call centre where they said no one was in found out on second call to them that they went to wrong address crazy
  • gruber
    gruber Posts: 29 Listener
    Options
    When you start your claim off they ask you for your date of birth so i'm surprised you were sent the forms.

Attendance Allowance doesn't have the mobility part, just the care part. The criteria for this is different to PIP. This link will tell you all about it.

He may well have started off the claim just before he reached state retirement age.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.