No benefit paid into my account — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No benefit paid into my account

RuthyO
RuthyO Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Can you tell me if I can email the DWP my benefit didn't arrive today, I waited 1hr and 15 mins, Im very frustrated and angry, I have barely anything in my account.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm afraid there's no email address for ESA. The quickest way to contact them is by ringing them and asking why you didn't receive payment. You could also write a letter but it can take 7-10 working days for it to be added onto the computer system, which isn't the fasted or most ideal way.

Are you sure you were due payment today?

Is Friday your usual payment day?

When was your last payment date?

Have you had a work capability assessment recently? or received any work capability assessment forms?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Ok, i just read your last thread and i thought i recognised your name. I see you've recently been awarded the SDP. The most likely reason why you haven't received payment is because of the SDP being added to your ESA payments. This can cause your ESA to be temporary suspended BUT it's easily resolved by ringing them first thing Monday morning, as it's now Friday evening they aren't open until 8am Monday.

I'm surprised you waited this long without contacting them, if you should have received payment today. When you ring on Monday they will be able to make a fast payment to you on that day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • RuthyO
    Thanks Poppy, I have been awarded the Disability Premium I spoke to someone at the DWP earlier today and she said I had been awarded it would be in by 4-15 she also said too give them wrong if it wasn't. I'll just have to be patient

• poppy123456
    Someone didn't manually send the payment like they said they would. If it's not in your account by early Monday morning, just ring them. Hopefully they'll send payment that day. Let us know how you get on.

In the meantime do you have anyone that can lend you some money until you receive payment? It's not nice when you have no money for essentials over the weekend. :(
  • RuthyO
    In actual fact I received an amount from the social fund for nothing to do with my ESA, so I'm having to dip into that, I shd be ok until Mon, my last message to you I think was a bit garbled .. I phoned yesterday at 1.10, they the said if SDP was not in by 4.15 then to give them a phone, but as always I cdnt get thru, I waited a whole hour, in the end I gave up at 5.20 because according to the lady I  spoke to they close at 5.30, but if nothing is in by Monday I'll be on the blower again 
  • RuthyO
    HELP.... I've just had a email from DWP saying my claim for SDP can only be backdated to the date I first claimed, my understanding was it would be backdated to when I first started getting PIP at the standard rate in April 2017, then I received the enhanced rate on October 31st 2018 can anybody advise if this correct, I've already made an appointment with my local CAB office for Wednesday just in case the scenario happened.
    Thanks Ruth
  • poppy123456
    It will depend on your circumstances when you first started getting PIP. SDP is paid on any daily living rate but has other criteria to it. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium

• RuthyO
    Thanks Poppy yes I've read this several times, not being rude at all, I hope my visit to the CAB office can help me get things sorted out, such a mess, hoping so much I could get this premium, oh well we will see 
  • poppy123456
    You need to ring DWP Monday and ask why it can't be backdated. If you qualified then there's no reasons why it can't be backdated. It's not a disability premium that's automatically awarded and there's lots of people that don't even know it exists.

It's difficult to give any further advice without knowing all of your circumstances at the time.
  • RuthyO
    That was my understanding, that when my PIP was awarded in April 2017 they would backdated, as I said I've got CAB on Wednesday, but yes I will phone them tomorrow, and thanks again Poppy for your advice, it's so disappointing when you've dreamed of acquiring things you could never get before, I'm going to try and be upbeat, but with being Bipolar, it sometimes isn't easy.
    Thanks again 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. I have known of lots of people that have had the SDP backdated to when they qualified, regardless of how long that is.

As it's an income related top up then there are things that could prevent you from claiming it, as well as the qualifying criteria. Hopefully when you visit your local CAB then they'll be able to give you the correct advice based on your circumstances at that time.

If there's no doubt you should have been claiming it then you can challenge the decision. Good luck and please do come back and let me know the outcome.
  • RuthyO
    Yes I will Poppy, I will phone them tomorrow FIRST thing, as you never can get thru to them, as I told you I tried to phone them back as instructed phoned them at 4.15 and still didn't get thru an hour later.
    As I said CAB office on Wednesday, so I'll let you know sooner rather than later.
    Ruth
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,828 Scope online community team
    Good luck this morning @RuthyO!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • RuthyO
    Thanks, I'll need it I'll probably be on the phone for hours !!!!
  • RuthyO
    Hallelujah ??? I've been awarded my backdated benefit, thanks everyone for all your advice and support, it's too long a story to go into, but in the end I got a result I could never of imagined or dreamt about.
    Thanks everyone
    Ruth
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,828 Scope online community team
    That's brilliant @RuthyO, thanks so much for sharing your news with us, really happy for you! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • RuthyO
    I can hardly believe it yet,m backdated benefit has not gone into my account yet, but spoke to a Manager yesterday and he then told me they are working on it as we speak 
    I would encourage everyone to double check to see if they are getting all of the benefits that Ur entitled to 

My backdated amount which will b in my account tomorrow.......
    The amount is ..... Wait for it
    £7090.20.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This is amazing @RuthyO!!! I hope it all gets sorted tomorrow :)
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.