Dissemination — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dissemination

Amaliesenatore30
Amaliesenatore30 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have worked for two charities now and both have not been supportive. It concerns me greatly that what is supposed to be a caring empathetic environment turns out to be the opposite. I would love to make charities accountable and be heard about the corruption I have witnessed among the charity sector. I also don't want my children to continually appoligise for there disability which I have had to do since I was very young. 

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Amaliesenatore30

A very warm welcome.

In view of the recent findings by the Charity Commission against Oxfam, this week.

Might I suggest that you contact the Charity Commission in the first instance.

You may wish to report your concerns to the “Whistleblower” helpline, which I understand is based on a strict confidential basis and of course is free.

I do believe you should be more circumspect about a Registered Charity, on an open forum like this one.

I feel sure you may wish to seek your own legal advice, from say your local community law centre or from one of the Law Society’s pro bono solicitors.

Let us know if we can help further.

Best wishes.
  • Amaliesenatore30
    Amaliesenatore30 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your response.  I am currently in the process of taking one national charity to court and thankfully the internal investigation upheld everything that I reported. The charity that i am currently employed by I am resighning from Monday but have not got the energy to fight will get a resignation with a very polite list of all the wrong doings and let them find a conscious Hopefully!!!!! I will continue to find justice for people that have no voice. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.