Help Advice........please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help Advice........please

Options
M30MCA
M30MCA Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had my PIP renewal form in December 2018 a year early to current award.
I filled the form in ticking my condition had got worse on every level,
 1: I don’t get the assistance/care I previously had it has been reduced from 5 days/nights a week to 2days/nights. Hence help and personal care has reduced.
2: I am now bilaterally deaf since my last award, with mobility problems in walking and getting around.
3: My last award 3 years ago they took my mobility car off me as scored me zero points.
4: My father died last year who was the main person I relied on for driving me to appointments/hospital visits, plus I went into a deep depression after his death as he was my companion/familiar face who popped into see me everyday. I am now on anxiety and anti-depressants (high dosage) and I am under health minds.

I sent the renewal form back explaining and providing evidence of all the above, I then received an appointment for a 1-2-1 medical assessment at my home, which I had back in March 2019.
On Saturday morning 15/06/19 I received a letter from the DWP Pip saying:
As you know, your pip award is subject to review. You rightly completed your award review form and returned it to us.
You state in that form that your conditions have deteriorated over the previous 12 months. This is confirmed by the health professionals communication with us following your assessment.
However we need to identify an exact date in the proceeding 12 months when you noticed the deterioration with either daily living or mobility activities.

They want more information after supplying everything I can possibly supply, the only change since the medical assessment is the dosage of the Sertraline I am currently taking for depression.
I NEED HELP OR ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT

Many Thanks
M30MCA

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @M30MCA, hello and welcome, reading your post the DWP have stated, “ however we need to identify an exact date in the proceeding 12 months that you deterioration on both daily living and mobility  activities. Once you send this information to DWP I think your reassessment will proceed , hope this is of helpful to you one of our ganechangers  will advise other wise if I haven’t. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @M30MCA   Pleased to meet you welcome.  

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please can I ask have you been in touch with your support team.? You mentioned Health Mind.

They should be helping and assisting you with your claim. Including help you fill in the form. Answer any questions you may have.

That is what they are there for.  I know it is maybe sometimes difficult to get in touch with them or contact them.

I do understand have mental health issues and problems myself..  

Do not have a support worker at present but if and when I do. Always contacted them.  Any thing benefits or forms.

You need reassurance some peace of mind.

Besides they are supporting you and should be informed of any outcome or decisions.  Regarding your mental health.

Please can I suggest that you speak to the support you have.  Some thing to consider might be useful.

Benefits are complex and confusing. You need the right information and advice.

You could speak to your local CAB .  They have knowledge and expertise on benefits.

Please ask if we can help and advise with anything else further be happy to.  Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Keep in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,021 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

In the form you filled in you reported a worsening of condition. What DWP want to know is when your conditions got worse.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @M30MCA. How are you doing?
    I hope the advice offered has been helpful. Please let us know how you get on!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.