Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits

SH1
SH1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My daughter will be turning 16 soon and is on DLA and been invited to claim for PIP when she is 16, I am her appointee, and I was wondering what else she will be able to claim when she turns 16. She will be staying on at school in their college for special needs. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you're claiming child tax credits this will continue until her 20th birthday providing she remains in full time non advanced education, same for your child benefit. You will need to let both of these departments know the changes and they will need to know the name of the college and what course she will be doing. Child tax credits will stop briefly at end August beginning of September while they update their details and review your award but then payments will start back shortly after. You'll then receive a new award notice.

If you're claiming Universal credit then the rules are slightly different. The child element of this will stop in the August after her 19th birthday, if she remains in full time non advanced education.

While these are still in payment then she won't be able to claim anything else but PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SH1 and warm welcome to the community! Please do let me know if there is anything else we can help you with :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.