Anyone on dual fuel use an electric multi-cooker? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone on dual fuel use an electric multi-cooker?

GettinOlde
GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
edited June 2019 in Coffee lounge
Wondering if these worktop multi-cookers are any cheaper than using gas hob/oven for cooking casseroles and the like? The one I'm looking at will apparently roast a bird as well as deep fry  o:)

British Gas supplier.
Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• GettinOlde
    No taker's  - oh well. :|
  • GettinOlde
    You have a gas powered work top multi-cooker - don't be silly.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I would recommend a slow cooker you can do everything in them casseroles full joints breakfast puddings and lots more 

• GettinOlde
    Just bought the one shown in the link above as it was 50% off.

What a blatant lie in the description - states that it has a 5-litre capacity but discovered that it only holds 3.5 litres of liquid, unless they're including the little bit of airspace under the dome of the lid.  :#
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @GettinOlde Sorry to hear of your problems.

I subscribe to The Which Magazine per month worth every penny . It in has everything you need to know about every thing you need to know.

Including Household appliances, cooking and much more.

All the latest news on everything consumer.

Even gives you free guides on lots of aspects of life. Best £10 spent per month.

Use this the information to help and guide me.  I am one member of a time where service was king. Not now.

This the big problem with any retail premises. Before WHICH naïve, not a clue had not a jot.

Went into a retail premises with a £1000 to spend due to all my household appliances bust.  Broken after moving.

This young lad every time asked about household appliances went to the most expensive every time.  One company this electrical store has . Branded goods .  Has a website dedicated to the named brand they sell all the faults.

All bust with in five years. A waste of money.

Use WHICH all the time.

Wish you well.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • GettinOlde
    @thespiceman Thanks for your input spicey, but £10pm whilst paying back a loan on UC and waiting for the results of ESA/WCA with little or no chance of finding work with no educational qualifications and at my age, is a no go really.

... but the reviews I found on the item were quite favourable - but no mention of capacity.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @GettinOlde Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear that. I am the same as a gentleman have a life time worth of experiences and qualifications.

Awful when no one wants you but remember to always stay strong. Any thing I can suggest.

Happy to do so.  One of the aspects of being a community champion of the forum is we try to guide, advise and help those having issues or problems.

https://www.evenbreak .co.uk.  Is a employment agency which looks at those with illness or disability or conditions.  See what they can offer and do.

I have myself know the long term problems regarding unemployment. Having been told to sign on even still very ill and continuous off and on for a long period of time.

The benefit situation I had.  Might be still ongoing who knows next assessment next year and will be fifty five then.

Lost the car but remain solid, remain hopefully sometimes have to be savvy with finances, money, budgeting. Run home like a business after many times not having any benefit.

Also ran a business so know about debt, and anything there I can help with.

Due to transfer back to sickness benefit or signing on waiting for payments.

All I can add I apologise if I am talking about me here but also have had many other issues especially housing private landlords.  Demanding payments rent on my case.  Plus lots more.

Have a wealth of knowledge just happy to share and care.

Reason am on here a lot. Helping be supportive and offering what I can.

Always have a budget anything I can help with there as well .

I am not point scoring here. Just a member of the community who seen and done a lot.  

Am aware of every ones situations and problems. The difficulties is when you have problems and issues it is very hard to acknowledge you have them. So asking for help or just some kind words to give you support never easy.

To admit this. I have this myself and had to stop being a proud gentleman upsetting for me emotionally but realise need the help and support to survive.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    @thespiceman Again, thanks, but one of my greatest bugbears is being a sociophobe having been bought on by a lifetime of bullying by 'friends', class'mates', teachers, neighbours, work'mates' and employers in one manner or another, not because of any disability, but for other reasons beyond my control.
    Being able to speak freely and anonymously on a platform like this is a totally different matter.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @GettinOlde Thank you saying that.  Just trying to be helpful.

All I can add I am here if you wish to ask or need anything.

Please can I advise you can speak freely on the forum. As long you do not break any of our community rules and guidelines.

Please have a look..

The forum have rules and guidelines for protection of our community members.

There are members on our forum who may be sensitive and words, meanings need to be said with caution.

A joke or a line of humour might offend some one.  In our community. Yet may seem innocent to you.  Even if you mean well and use humour to explain situations .

One of the aspects of the forum I have to do also is to look at posts.  As a community champion is to see if they are suitable for the forum.

With in our guidelines.

Something we have to do.

Please carry on posting.  Enjoy your time.  On the forum. 

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.