Where to begin? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where to begin?

AndyGT
AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
POne and All....... I have a question and am hoping that as usual. Some of you will have an answer. Now I don't really expect a clear cut answer because like most things in life there are do many imponderables, variables and general ifs, buts and maybe's.

What I want is to get back into some sort of sport. When I was more able I use to play Rugby, Badminton, Golf etc and enjoyed most sports. As a result of a car accident and damage to my back, mobility problems and generally my disability I have felt (I know incorrectly) that it felt like everything has came to a grinding halt, sport wise. I had to not only give up the sport but also a job I loved. I haven't completely wasted the intervening years and got myself a degree, a masters and am lucky enough to now do a second job I enjoy. As I get older though I am finding I am missing sport more and more. So I was wondering if you could recommend a website,) group or organisation that could help me become involved again. I am not really asking about individual sports here because that would all depend on what I can or can't do etc but I want to know where I can start looking and then make a decision from there.

Thanks and I do hope that life is treating you well.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.