Moving home — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving home

Worried1
Worried1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone 

I am a very worried person at the moment. I get PIP both enhanced and esa SG and I get SDP as well. I am with a housing association I got it though the council I am hoping to get a mutual exchange to another home nothing has changed I am a victim of disability hate crime and having to move. The place I moving to on the exchange is to a different LA. When I say I am moving will my pip and esa stay the same as I am worried I will lose it all. I need to here it in sorry to say like a child would be told as I cant to forms and that I am a parent they are 15 but I am classes as living alone. Will it be like that wonderful thing of they just change the address will the housing team swap over my HB as well as I am so unsure 

Thank you will love Any advice 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Because you're claiming SDP in with your ESA then you won't be able to claim universal credit.

This means that you can move house to any location and your existing benefits will stay the same. It will just be a change of address for ESA and PIP and a housing benefit claim in your new area.

New rules for those claiming SDP were introduced on 16th January 2019.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Worried1
    Hi 

Thank you for that. I was so worried been having sleepless nights. So I just tell them my new address and that's all wonderful 

Thank you very much 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes just an address change for ESA and PIP.

You will need to claim housing benefit again if you're moving to a new local council but you can't claim UC.

Good luck with the house move.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Worried1 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope the house move goes well for you, do you have a date?

I hope the hate crime was handled with care and if there if anything we can do to help then please do let me know :)
    Scope

• Worried1
    Hi thank you for surport. The hate at first was not being delt with but this Friday someone is coming out seems like the move i
    Has made them think. 

Can I ask if you know in social housing when I do a transfer will the housing officer sort out housing benefit or I I have to as not sure 

Thank you 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Worried1, I personally am unsure about this one, does this article on moving house if you have a disability help? If not I can have another look for you :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    You will need to sort out the housing benefit yourself. You can of course have it paid straight to your social housing.
  • Worried1
    Thank you I have to see if the housing team will hell as I have no idea how to go about it i read it said I have to tell my local council I'm going but not know who to comtsct when I get a date as would like it paid to tge housing team 
  • Worried1
    Sorry will Help lol feels like hell tho at the moment lol

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.