My getting a UC50 form; UPDATE. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My getting a UC50 form; UPDATE.

MariaR
MariaR Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Hello, Poppy, Harp86, Chloe and Adrian, I hope I've remembered everyone.
I thought I'd lost my 24 points Tribunal letter. I found it! 
I've managed to download a pic of it.
Now, what's the best thing for me to do;
Wait for a new UC50 form and do it all again?
Or, do as Harp86 suggested; go in my UC account and  message my case worker and ask for a MPG1 summat? 
Or, should I do both?
I'm nervous, now, of getting it wrong. 
Thank you all for your help. I truly was at the end of my tether and becoming  very stressed. You've all helped me enormously.

Comments

• MariaR
    yes, it looks alright. I think. oh phew! I need a glass of vino!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You still need to do what you were advised to do in your other thread by Hart because they owe you backdated money.

As previously advised, you could still be sent a UC50 form and if you are sent one then you will need to fill it in and return it. The 24 months recommendation by the Tribunal, is just a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MariaR
    ah. ok, Poppy. I'll do that. I was on the phone earlier to someone from the complaints dept. and HE phoned my case manage, Joanna, and she said she's sending one out today! So, I may get two! It's like waiting for a bus; 2/3 come at once. Well, as soon as I get it I'll fill it in and THIS TIME I'll make it better than the first one. Thank you, Poppy for all your wonderful advice and your patience too.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning @MariaR. Thank you for updating us with this, it would certainly seem that you should already be in the support group equivalent on Universal Credit and that this should be a reassessment not a new application. Let us know how you get on when you query this. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • MariaR
    I will, Adrian. Though, I've been told that my 24 points letter isn't worth the paper it's written on. I'm still puzzled as to why I've had to wait this long for a UC50 form.  Well, haven't got it yet. If it's not in the post by tomorrow then I must phone Joanna, my case worker, AGAIN!  It's not a done deal yet! .......... wish it was.
  • poppy123456
    The advice you've been given is incorrect! Your ESA support group award should be transferred to your UC claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    With UC they mostly don't know what they are talking about lol.
  • poppy123456
    Wow that's insane! The training they had was very little, so i heard but that's not really any excuse. Some of the stories i hear of really are shocking.

Well done for helping that person receive the money they are entitled to!

I must admit, it took me a while to understand UC but i'm getting there finally. Your knowledge on UC is pretty amazing BTW, thanks for your help, appreciate it!
  • poppy123456
    I agree with you there but i'm sure alot would disagree.

Some people are actually better off on UC too. What a lot of people don't realise is that UC is paid monthly, so when working out what benefits a person used to receive, it seems like they are worse off. Not the case for everyone though, if the payments are worked out correctly.

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Bear in mind folks UC might be working for some people?

But If this plank Boris and IDS gets in then I'm sure it will be a re-run of devastation with IDS linked with Boris and what IDS has already inflicted on the poor and disabled over the last 10 years. Vile excuse of a man is IDS I can see more torture on the way. 

God help us we need to get this F......ing Tory government out for Christ sake.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.