Hi, my name is mylittleadults! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mylittleadults!

mylittleadults
mylittleadults Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello I have just joined my name is Linda I am a carer to my grown up son and daughter they both have downs syndrome

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mylittleadults

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if you need any help getting around??

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mylittleadults welcome to the community! You may find the discussions in our Parents and Carers message board helpful. Please let is know if there is anything we can help you with :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @mylittleadults. How are you doing today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • mylittleadults
    Hello, I am doing the best I can just trying to take and get through each day the best that I can, I had a  full hip replacement on the 21 march due to a fall, It is very hard at the moment I am on my own looking after my son and daughter, I am feeling very lonely bitter and angry really don't like asking for help ,I don't have family our any friends, Tried  to get help  but nobody out there will help , I just feel i am just been ignored ,  We have been on our own for over 4 years Did manage to get help,To get away from a abuse marriage of 38 years, And I am still trying to heal and mend from the abuse. Last May we had to move into a bungalow due to my son been diagnosed with Arthritis in both his knees, The other house wasn't working for use, I was feeling very frighten and lonely and very worried about the move , I started talking to a guy online he had a sister with downs syndrome that had just past away he said he did tv Ariel's and would help me He came on the day we moved and helped a lot we seemed to get on well , Leeds city council indoor removals help with moving our furniture which didn't go very well, We ended up with a lot of damage furniture , And every thing was going bad repairs getting gas electric sorted internet so I could do my online shopping,The guy I meet on line lived in Nottingham he came and helped a lot with sorting things out I felt very vulnerable and really needed help , Our friendship started to grow . Then he started trying to move in and then started getting very abusive this relationship lasted 10 months  My  broken hip was not a accident  This relationship with this guy ended straight away with the help of my son and daughters social worker , I can not bring myself to say his name I have had to cope with all the trauma of this and try to recover on my own , All I have ever known is abuse , I have been blaming myself but not any more it can happen to anyone and people need to understand more about domestic and emotional abuse its leaves scares on the inside, Yes I do go through thought of not wanting to be here but its my son and daughter that keeps me going, I am sorry for posting this and I hope that I am okay to post this, I just need to let it all out
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm terribly sorry to hear what you have been through @mylittleadults - how you are feeling is completely understandable. You're 100% right - what happened was NOT your fault! Have you received any emotional support from your GP or a medical professional? Have you considered speaking to the police about what happened?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mylittleadults and welcome to the Community.  It is awful what you have been through and I am so sorry to hear about this.  Please don't apologise for posting the above as that is what the Community is here for - to listen and support you.  Please feel free to speak to us anytime and let us know if we can be of any help to you.  
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • mylittleadults
    Thank you for your kind words, Yes I have spoke with the police also I have pressed charges , It happened outside and I cannot prove it so I don't know if it will go to court, But at leased it will be put down on record hopefully , I don't want to see anyone else get hurt, I spoke a few times at the beginning just after I came out of hospital with the domestic violence team, But not spoken to anyone else since, I have only been out of the house when I have had hospital appointment finding it hard has I get panic attacks, My son and daughter go to day centres 5 days a week which has been a big help. But we are on our own at the weekends, I am now managing to walk round the bungalow with out any ads , But need to use my stick when going out I also should not be bending has my consultant said that I could dislocate my hip. But its not easy I still have to do a lot , I have just get a cleaner in Which I have to pay for She has been twice now, I cannot get anything throw social worker.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.