How loud do you ratlle? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How loud do you ratlle?

Options
GettinOlde
GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
  • Monday to Friday: 10 tablets a day
  • Saturday: 11 tablets
  • Sunday: 19 tablets
  • Total: 80 tablets a week excluding pain relief
There would be one extra daily but Doc reduced one medication by half to reduce of affecting eyesight.
Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday. 17 tablets.
    Friday, 27 tablets.
    Sunday 18 tablets. 
    Also 5 different lots of eye drops and creams.
    Got to put drops in every 2 hours when awake. 
    130 a week now.
  • KG100
    Options
    Pre paid precriptions really help, I only pay £10.40p per month for 15 different types of prescriptions now that are all lifelong. 
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Any advance on 134 ...plus three inhalers and a nebuliser??Looking at tablets makes me feel sick . Thank God we don,t pay for prescriptions in Scotland .Or bedroom tax ...plus families are now going to get an extra £10 per child per week hanks to the SNP ...does not sound a lot but two children and that's an extra £1000 a year. 
    Me ...well I,m still under the Westminster government when it comes to disability , I got forms to fill in for PIP 5 years ago , I have been on disability for  15 years and PIP for five years now 6 months off 65 and I get called for PIP2 ... whatever that is ? ( waiting on more forms ) . 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Up to 10 tablets a day (2 different kinds).  Then can take up to 8 tablets a day if other symptoms occur.  Yes, I agree @Seanchai, thank god we don't pay for our prescriptions up here.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • KG100
    Options
    Something I explained to the PIP assessor was that I get tired from my illnesses and also my medications, and also the side effects of all my medications together !!
    She had asked me why I thought I'd got so tired during the day. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    27 tablets a day, 4 liquids (1 4x a day)

189 tablets a week...28 liquids....jesus! To think it used to be more! I dread to think how much my prescriptions would cost if I didn't have the exemption card!

Blimey, that really has shocked me!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • KG100
    Options
    Even more of a shock if you add them up over a year !!
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Oh god, don't! ? now I'm tempted to check it on the calculator!
  • Ami2301
    Options
    9828 tablets a year...
  • KG100
    Options
    And the assessors wonder why we get tired and fatigued !!
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Aww, c'mon guys, ointments, creams, lotions, inhalers and nebulisers is cheating. :p
    What about Warfarin - 4 prescriptions of 0.5mg, 1mg, 3mg and 5mg (or combinations of) to make up a single dose.?!? Glad I'm on Rivaroxaban now - at least that doesn't need monitoring, I have very shy veins.
    @KG100 Side effects - don't talk to me about Metfartin. :s

• GettinOlde
    Options
    Oh, PIP, never claimed it as I always thought it was for the severely disabled, but just been informed by CAB that I should have claimed it years ago and have probably lost about £15k plus for not doing so.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    Sure , if I did not have my inhalers and nebuliser then I would not need the other medication ....as I would be dead ???
  • GettinOlde
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Seanchai said:
    Sure , if I did not have my inhalers and nebuliser then I would not need the other medication ....as I would be dead ???
    But they don't rattle - ok, so mine does a little.
    Oh, I see - death rattle. o:)
  • KG100
    Options
    Aww, c'mon guys, ointments, creams, lotions, inhalers and nebulisers is cheating. :p
    What about Warfarin - 4 prescriptions of 0.5mg, 1mg, 3mg and 5mg (or combinations of) to make up a single dose.?!? Glad I'm on Rivaroxaban now - at least that doesn't need monitoring, I have very shy veins.
    @KG100 Side effects - don't talk to me about Metfartin. :s

I've been on warfarin for 18 years now but have never been given the 0.5 ones. I have to snap my 1mg ones in half when I go down to 9.5 !!
  • KG100
    Options
    My veins have shrunk over the last few years from all the blood tests and things, they now sometimes take it from my hands which I hate !!
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    not on as many meds as most, but take 4 in am and 4 in  pm. also get creams and special wash and pads on script, oh and wee bags, plus catheter kits....all this would add up to a huge amount of money...one good thing about being over 60!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.