Travel Costs Refund — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Travel Costs Refund

OverlyAnxious
OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,613 Disability Gamechanger
Hi there,

I had to go to two appointments for a PIP assessment as the first was cancelled at the last minute.  I had to return on the same day 2 hours later, but because of my conditions that meant travelling home and back in between, and then paying another car park fee as well.  I was told I could claim costs for both trips as long as I posted 2 separate forms in separate envelopes which I did, and took photographic proof of this before posting.

I'd completely forgotten about this until receiving the decision letter yesterday, but having now checked my bank account I see they only paid back the cost of one trip instead of both.  This was 5 weeks ago now so I doubt the other is coming.  Is there anywhere I can request the second payment?  The first payment came from ATOS so I assume it's their responsibility?  Will there be a time limit on it as it's now 6 weeks since the appointments and 5 weeks since the payment?

Thanks,
OA

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @OverlyAnxious
     I would give them a ring tomorrow and ask.As you applied separately there may have been some delay processing the second form. It is up to the assessment provider not DWP so call whoever did your assessment.
            Debsidoo.x
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,613 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @debsidoo

It's been over a month since the first payment so I doubt it's a simple processing delay now.  Of course, it may have also got lost in the post though.

I can't use phones and ATOS won't deal over email (like so many gov't & health departments sadly) but I'll try to get someone to call on my behalf. :smile:
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @OverlyAnxious
    Hope you are successful.If not I would make a complaint.It May be that the processing department thinks the second claim was an error so you may just have to give them a reminder as to why there are two lots of expenses.
        Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.