County court — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

County court

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi all a neighbour has taken one of the medical assessment  companies to county court & won the max of 5k for them having made a false assessment.,the assessment company didn't even turn up or contest it,so is this way forward to go to get some form of justice, I've seen her paperwork so I know she's not fibbing.thought I'd share the findings.take care all Jen.

Comments

• GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    Did it happen to go to tribunal at all and fail?
    Edit:
    Wondering if I could take someone to court after the Disputes Resolution Team reinstated my ESA WRAG after they were informed of my impending tribunal and the undue stress they put me under
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    This will be good - would false statement saying things different to what you actually told them? That's the problem I have for one assessment - for the WCA the doctor wrote a lot of medical stuff about tests she did - but she just sat in a chair and didnt come near me!
  • GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    @pcoventry Yes, yes, yes,
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for sharing this with us Jen (@CARL58):) 
    Scope

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s always going to be the case of proving what actually happened or what was said at assessments, so if more cases where or are brought to court for wrongly provable evidence then less wrongly reported assessments will take place.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I`ve read so many reports of PIP assessors obviously lying about claimants abilities/actions. How can so many mistakes be ignored?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.