Transportation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Transportation

Options
mikeymike
mikeymike Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
hi all as some of you may know I am intending to make a series of video blogs covering a wide range of subjects on issues related to disability my first subject will be about one near and dear to all of us transportation. Now I live in London and the buses here have ramps for access I would like some feedback from people who live in areas that don’t have this and also those that do so I can get some idea of areas to highlight 

Comments

• GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    Options
    It's not too bad in Bath. Not that I use them much, the busses here used to have the ability to lower and raise their suspension and also had a hydraulic ramp in the doorway, but the last time I saw one in use on a newer vehicle, the driver had to leave her position and manually lower and raise the ramp for a guy on a mobility scooter.
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • mikeymike
    mikeymike Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    thank you for your feedback

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.