Uc lcwra wanting to move out — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc lcwra wanting to move out

Ashleyb1
Ashleyb1 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
edited January 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, I'm currently living with my dad in a 1 bedroom flat and have been for years now and my dad has been bidding for a new homes but still no luck and our living situation cant continue like this as he has been sleeping on a sofa with bad joint issues etc, I am currently on lcwra until feb for reassessment, but havent moved out because I'm afraid theres a chance I may not still get lcwra if they dont think I should still get, even tho my circumstances hasnt changed, my question is, is there any help out there to help pay for housing costs as if I'm put back on normal universal credit I wont have enough money to keep a home going. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you decided to move out then you would receive the housing element of UC whether you receive the LCWRA or not. How much you would receive will depend on your circumstances and the local housing allowance (LHA) for your area.

If you're under 35 then you'll receive the shared rate of the LHA unless you receive either daily living PIP or mid/high rate care DLA and then you'll receive the 1 bedroom rate.

If you're over 35 then you'll receive the 1 bedroom rate even if you don't claim a disability benefit.

You'll also be able to claim single person discount for council tax but this will need to be claimed from your local council.

Put your postcode of the area you're thinking of living and see what you could claim. https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Ashleyb1. I hope Poppy has managed to answer all of your questions on this. Please let us know if there's anything you don't understand or if you have any more questions. Best of luck with the move! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • UCExpert
    UCExpert Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    poppy is spot on. :-)
  • Ashleyb1
    But what if I move out then they stop giving me lcwra that's what I'm afraid off then I'll have to move back home 
  • poppy123456
    Ashleyb1 said:
    But what if I move out then they stop giving me lcwra that's what I'm afraid off then I'll have to move back home 

HI,

It's 18 months since you posted your original question but the advice remains the same as it was back then. Moving out will have no affect on your LCWRA. If you need help with any rent when you move out you'll be able to claim the housing element of UC in with your maximum UC entitlement.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ashleyb1

Welcome back to the community, is everything okay? :) 

I hope the information above from Poppy has been helpful.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ashleyb1
    I understand that but I mean my lcwra is for a year then I'll have a reassessment and there always a chance they could stop my lcwra 
  • poppy123456
    LCWRA is an ongoing award until a decision's made when you have a review. Reviews can be anytime from 3 months and the time they give you is just a guide. Moving house makes no difference at all.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.