Lonely — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lonely

ange89
ange89 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi 
Just signed up to this place and feel a little nervous . But was struggling to find somewhere with people who were going through the same thing. 
I have a 17 year old daughter who has a mental health condition.  Depressive phycosis and anxiety. 
I'm a single mum and have just recently had to give my full time job up to be her carer as she cannot be left for too long due to her condition. 
It's hard and its lonely and tiring . Some days I feel I cannot cope and want to run .
I have my first counselling session with let's talk this next week . Bit would be so nice to chat with others in a similar situation. 
Thank you 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    We are all in different situations, but firstly welcome to this fantastic forum and please just keep coming back when you feel the need to talk.. The only real advice I can offer having had counselling myself in the past is be open and honest with the counsellor thats the best way to get something from the sessions. Good luck and take care
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @ange89. I'm glad you're seeking support with all this through counselling. As Woodbine said, we're a very diverse community, so hopefully you'll find some folks in a similar situation to yours.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @ange89 welcome to the community. I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise should you need anything or have any questions. The community is a fantastic place full of lovely people. Glad to have you here and let us know if you need any help navigating the community.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ange89 and welcome to the community, it's great to have you here! I hope your counselling session went okay :)
    Scope

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @ange89 :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.