If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Let's talk cinema and films!

Lucas_ScopeLucas_Scope Posts: 8Member Connected
Lots of good films on recently, I saw Toy Story a couple of weeks ago now and Spiderman and Lion King are most definitely on my list!

I'm curious to know what your experiences are - do you enjoy going to the ciniema, do you find there are enough AD/subtitled screenings, and whether you find it accessible enough to book with a CEA card (especially online)

I am hard of hearing (and don't wear hearing aids), so going to the cinema and following a film is especially challenging for me. Booking tickets with CEA can be difficult as well (and costly, because of the phone number to use). I often find I need to look up my screenings in advance to book with CEA, and the agents on the other line don't always know certain bits of information off-hand.

I'd love to hear some of your experiences on the community, and if you have the time, you can let us at Scope's Big Hack know about whether you find it difficult booking with a CEA card online, or just let us know your experiences

Thanks!
Digital Influencing Programme Manager (The Big Hack)
Tell us about your experiences with digital technology so we can work with technology companies to make the tech industry more inclusive of disabled people: 
bighack.org | #BigHack

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Posts: 160Member Pioneering
    Hi I often go to cinema as a treat to take my son out. I am in a wheelchair and this is one thing I can do easily
     We pre book tickets with no problem on vue cinema website and the cinema is fully accessible
    Last went to see spider man and next will be lion king 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 5,841Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Lucas_Scope, I love going to the cinema and the Aladdin remake was the last thing I went to see. I'm registered as partially sighted and have a CEA card. I find it so annoying that not all films have audio description and that it always is added when the film has been out for a few weeks. Having AD does not change the cinema experience for sighted people so I have no idea why they can't offer AD as they have the facility to do so :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,465Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    I love the cinema. Last week we went to see Dumbo. The children loved it and so did I. I love the LK. Unfortunately we don’t often go to the theater. What is on at the theater right now? I was thinking of taking the kids to see a musical or a play in a theater. Any recommendations will be appreciated. How do I contact the theater? My son would love the theater but he is a wheelchair user. 
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Posts: 1,320Member Disability Gamechanger
    our local theatres are great for us wheelies....check out your`s. Plus carer gets a complimentary ticket! cinema has 4 screens best for wheelies. CEA card gets carer in for free
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,465Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    I am going to see a movie tomorrow with a friend. I love going to the cinema and seeing a film. I am interested in films and TV shows too. What shows do you all watch on Netflix? I need new shows to binge watch.
    And talk about too. I think it is a good idea to also have a Netflix show thread on here as well. 
  • BirdsnbeesBirdsnbees Posts: 75Member Pioneering
    I LOVE going to the cinema. The night before my op next week going to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Really enjoyed the new Spiderman movie, saw that most recently

@April2018mom I've recently been watching Once Upon a Time series which is really enjoyable :) depends what genres things you like. I'd like to see more new funny animation shows that aren't full of swearing/violence/nudity yet still fun 
    I LOVE going to the cinema. The night before my op next week going to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Really enjoyed the new Spiderman movie, saw that most recently

@April2018mom I've recently been watching Once Upon a Time series which is really enjoyable :) depends what genres things you like. I'd like to see more new funny animation shows that aren't full of swearing/violence/nudity yet still fun 
    Me too!
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Posts: 1,320Member Disability Gamechanger
    I love going to the flicks too. Went on Wed and saw The Lion King. Wonderful!
  • M_AnthonyM_Anthony Posts: 194Member, Community champion Pioneering
    I went to see The Secret Life of Pets 2. If anyone likes 3D animation comedy that is suitable for the family, I would highly recommend it.
  • GettinOldeGettinOlde Posts: 495Member Pioneering
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sign in or join us to comment.