PIP Ongoing Awards whether it be Both Enhanced and or Standard awards. Light touch. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Ongoing Awards whether it be Both Enhanced and or Standard awards. Light touch.

Options
Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Many have asked the questions relating to PIP Ongoing (light touch) awards.

I have mentioned here a few times the DWP are and have giving Ongoing PIP awards for standard rates now.

My reckoning the DWP is taking this approach is in fact cost cutting, and if claimants does have a standard award for say DL, Mobility, and then getting an Ongoing award why I see this and does so the DWP, their way of thinking is they the claimant won't do a MR or Appeal.

Thus saving money maybe in the long run.

As many will know if you do a MR you could end up loosing the lot. Basically it's a game of chance. 

I've suspected for a long time, and read many others having standard rates and getting an Ongoing award.

Here is a classic case here I've posted below.

So you see if if you decide to challenge it? You could loose it or get higher rates, I believe many will be happy with what they received.

A little regarding the Light Touch at 10 Year.

This below was taken from the PIP toolkit.

⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you, the screen shots taken from the Benefits and Works forum site ( with permission no doubt?? )
  • Government_needs_reform
    edited July 2019
    Options

Permission has been obtained from Steve @B&W. 

There's been an update to reflect pensioners Ongoing 19th July.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Government_needs_reform
    Options
    Here is another case that? A part of a PIP award, was for a standard award of daily living.

So it proves all a long claimants are in fact receiving Ongoing awards. 

From Benefits and Work. 
    ⬇️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.