BigDuane — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

BigDuane

bigDuane
bigDuane Community member Posts: 7 Connected
I’ve been offered a job 25 hrs per week but I receive pip for mental illness will it affect my pip as not knowing the job permanent and just wanting to get out off the house I don’t go out

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

People do work and claim PIP but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming then it can go against you the next time you're reviewed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Contact your local MH team. They might be able to help you. If they can’t, contact CAB for advice. Find out if it is actually a change in your situation or not. People do get PIP whilst working. I am one of them. The money is currently used to pay a old friend who is a qualified taxi driver to drop me off at work. Good luck! As always provide evidence to them that justifies why you need the support. 
  • bigDuane
    bigDuane Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Thinks everyone for the advice pip says it will only apply to my ESA if it’s only part time should not effect my pip  as I could only be work for 6 months and the job might not suit either 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    bigDuane said:
    Thinks everyone for the advice pip says it will only apply to my ESA if it’s only part time should not effect my pip  as I could only be work for 6 months and the job might not suit either 
    @bigDuane If you're claiming ESA then you need to contact DWP and fill out a permitted work form before starting work. You can't work more than 15.59 hours per week and mustn't earn more than £131.50 per week. If you work and earn more than this you won't be entitled to any ESA for those weeks and your ESA will stop.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.