Piedro boots at disney orlando — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Piedro boots at disney orlando

adamlathamsmith
adamlathamsmith Community member Posts: 54 Connected
I have piedro boots with insoles like in the pic  to help me walk will the he hot to use

Comments

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Hi Adam ...If they make you feel more comfortable I would advise you to wear them . One thing I did find at Disney is that you do have to be comfortable . Wear your boots and stick a pair of trainers in your back pack just incase..
    I hope you have a great time .?☀️?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you asking if they will be ok to wear during your holiday? If so then yes of course, you should wear what you feel comfortable with.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • adamlathamsmith
    The heat will be 37 C with very high humidity levels
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Hi Adam....if you feel comfortable in your boots...then wear them . Maybe put a pair of sandals or trainers in your backpack ....but trailing around the parks , you need to be comfortable. ....and keep drinking water or juice.
    I hope you have a great time ?☀️?
  • adamlathamsmith
    edited July 2019
    1)I thought about get wheelchair from the parks each day I need one as I get good and bad my goods  days could last days or weeks 

2)If I don't use boots and insoles I can only walk for 20 to 30 mins and them I am suck in a wheelchair due pain for some fo the day

3)I can use use trainers but them I am in wheelchair all day when they start to  hurt
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @adamlathamsmith, I think this depends whatever you feel most comfortable with. Your Pedro boots will allow you to walk further but I understand it may not been the easiest with the heat. I wear AFO splints and they can be worn when on holiday. I hope you have an amazing trip!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.