Old newbie at 67 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Old newbie at 67

Woodkentrob
Woodkentrob Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all, my name is Rob, 67, married, been on indefinite award  full DLA but recently invited to apply for PIP. Struggled initially with the concept but had a lady from IMAGO help with the forms. Awaiting decision so Depression and anxiety running amok. Then to top it all bankruptcy. So i joined the many lost souls struggling to avoid considering the unthinkable. Trying to think positive, happy thoughts but its not easy! 

Comments

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    @Woodkentrob Hello Woodkentrob welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties with depression, we have a great supporting community here including a variety of discussion groups. We are sure you will find our community helpful and you will find it a great place to make new friends. 

We look forward to talking to you more.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Woodkentrob

Welcome to our online community /family ?

Yes I in the same boat /ship with regards to switching from dla 2 pip.

We have also got many members in the same situation. 

I am very very sorry to hear about your bankruptcy.

Yes keeping up beat is the best way forward believe me. 

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Woodkentrob. Sorry to hear the process is taking its toll on your mental health.
    As said above, we’re a really supportive community, so if there’s anything you want to ask or need support with, please don’t hesitate to ask!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Woodkentrob
    Thank you all for the kind words. Whilst it's not nice for many of us it does help to know were not alone. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Woodkentrob   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you going through.  I have mental health issues my self and know it is not easy every day.

If I can be supportive please get in touch happy to help.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please if I can or we as a community can help and advise please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Woodkentrob
    Thank you, I will be in touch if needed, appreciate your offer. 
  • megan_parker
    megan_parker Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Hi @Woodkentrob

Welcome to our community :) 

I am sorry to hear about your situation, I know myself how difficult it can be to cope with mental health but hopefully making friends and talking on here will help.

I am one of the Community Champions here at Scope so if you need any help or advice please feel free to ask.

Take care.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Woodkentrob welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what you've been going through. How are you feeling today?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Woodkentrob
    Thank you for asking. A bit low today as recurring chest infection has struck aggravating Copd, started emergency pack of antibiotics and steroids so should pickup in a few days. Managed to do a bit more on Saturday for my long suffering wifes birthday. 
  • Ami2301
    Sorry to hear you're unwell, I hope the antibiotics start working soon. Did your wife have a lovely day?
  • Woodkentrob
    I do think so, she was serenaded by our favourit cafe owner with a huge chunk of chocolate cake with a candle in it after a succulent gammon with all the trimmings, then off to see some of our grandchildren. Several cards brought tears to her eyes with special words. 
  • Ami2301
    Bless her! Sounds wonderful!
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    That sounds like a wonderful day out and nothing beats a large chunk of chocolate cake!

We hope your getting better.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.