Travel advice: Fribomalgia../CFS/ME/spondylosis/ depression — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Travel advice: Fribomalgia../CFS/ME/spondylosis/ depression

Options
DebbieN
DebbieN Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Can anyone give any advice on giong on holiday.i have wheelchair assistant but have other issues that includes sensitivity to niose and light it's more a problem at airports.
Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DebbieN, whereabouts are you doing?

I have really high sensitivity to light and wear sunglasses about 80% of the time. Is this something that may help?
    Scope

• DebbieN
    Options
    I have reflective glasses that does allow light in my eyes they are ok I have a condition called Bebaritis . It's the niose the feeling of panic it's very hot deal with the hospital's and one train that I know have set up a quiet room for people like me which is absolutely brilliant..At the airport it's like nobody understands I know people are excited to be going on holiday..

• Chloe_Scope
    Options
    @DebbieN, I can understand why an airport would be really be hard. Some airports do have quiet places (granted this is not very many), so it may be worth having a look.

There also is sunflower lanyards for people with invisible conditions, again this may be worth looking into :) 
    Scope

• DebbieN
    Options
    Thank you very much for information.its appreciated.?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    No problem @DebbieN, have you already booked to go somewhere?
    Scope

• Mika
    Mika Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hi Debbie, yes I also would suggest sunglasses. Would you perhaps be able to wear a head set with very quiet easy listing music, obviously only as loud as you can tolerate. I have to do this with my tinnitus. Have a fabulous holiday xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hope it's a lovely holiday @DebbieN. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.