Universal Credit Work Capability Assesment Farce — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit Work Capability Assesment Farce

dimmingdave
dimmingdave Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi

Well I have now lost the will to live with thius assesment.  I got the papers on 13/5  to return by 13/6.  I completed and enclosed full 30 page social services assesment and sent registered post.  Tracked online and had signature and arrived before the deadline.  Waited until 13/7/19 and as hadnt heard anything rang CHDA up  and they stated I hadnt sent form back in time and cancelled the claim and sent it back to DWP Walsall. Told them sent recorded and had proff arrived in plenty of time.  They said they didnt recieve it till the 18th. So chased ut up with DWP Walsall who re referred me and sent all my original forms and further evidence back to CHDA.  That was on 18/7.
On 22/7 got appointment for today. Went all the way there got booked in and waited for assesment HCP and 30 minutes after appointment due time of 2PM.  A gentleman came and said they had made a mistake by booking a nurse for the assesment when it should have been a doctor.  They said because I have a brain tumour DWP policy is that you have to be assesed by a doctor as it is a condition of the brain and cancelled my assesment.  They said they will send out another appointment which should be in 2 weeks.  You couldnt make this up.  Has anyone else had this.
Dave

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Save, sorry to hear of all the hassle you have been having trying to make your benefit claim. I hope you claimed your travel expenses??? Better luck next time what's the difference between a doctor or nurse asking the questions I don't understand. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @dimmingdave. I haven't heard of someone having it cancelled on the day due to them booking a nurse instead of a doctor. I can't imagine how frustrating it must've been to sit waiting at the appointment only to be turned away because of their error. I hope your next appointment is organised quickly!

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.