Can I get Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I get Universal Credit

Options
Bingo
Bingo Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
edited August 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have just been awarded the standard daily living allowance and the enhanced mobility allowance.  I am self employed but only work three or four hours a week on average remotely mainly from home as I am unable to go out and work on client sites really unless they are easy to access.  I do have savings over the £16000 mark which seems to be the cut off but they wont last for ever.  I am just trying to establish what other benefits I am entitled to if any.  There seems to be a load of online calculators out there and I just spent an hour going through the council tax one only for it to say I wasnt entitled to a reduction.

So with that in mind I thought I might ask the question on here.  Is it worth me applying and is there anything else I should consider?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately, with savings of more than £16,000 this means that you won't be entitled to Universal Credit or any other means tested benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bingo
    Bingo Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately, with savings of more than £16,000 this means that you won't be entitled to Universal Credit or any other means tested benefits.
    Ok thanks.  Saves me filling in pages of
    forms.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.