If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Can I get Universal Credit

BingoBingo Posts: 28Member Connected
edited August 2 in Universal Credit
I have just been awarded the standard daily living allowance and the enhanced mobility allowance.  I am self employed but only work three or four hours a week on average remotely mainly from home as I am unable to go out and work on client sites really unless they are easy to access.  I do have savings over the £16000 mark which seems to be the cut off but they wont last for ever.  I am just trying to establish what other benefits I am entitled to if any.  There seems to be a load of online calculators out there and I just spent an hour going through the council tax one only for it to say I wasnt entitled to a reduction.

So with that in mind I thought I might ask the question on here.  Is it worth me applying and is there anything else I should consider?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 15,034Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Unfortunately, with savings of more than £16,000 this means that you won't be entitled to Universal Credit or any other means tested benefits.
  • BingoBingo Posts: 28Member Connected
    Hi,

Unfortunately, with savings of more than £16,000 this means that you won't be entitled to Universal Credit or any other means tested benefits.
    Ok thanks.  Saves me filling in pages of
    forms.
Sign in or join us to comment.