If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

UC advance - repayments deferral.

GettinOldeGettinOlde Posts: 495Member Pioneering
edited August 2 in Universal Credit
Whilst waiting for ESA WRAG to be transferred to my UC account as LCW, I find myself struggling to survive on £525pm after deductions for a UC advance.
I left this message under 'A Payment' in my journal ...
I need to ask if my payments for my UC advance can be deferred until my LCW has been sorted out. I know that the ESA WRAG, that I was on previously, was transferred to my UC account on July 5th 2019 and I now find myself in financial difficulties and will soon find myself unable to pay my rent.

Not getting a response, I nudged my Work Coach about it and they replied that I should call 0800 916 0647.

Doing a search for that number, I found a gov.uk page about debt management and the recovery of overpaid benefits etc. - it mentions nothing of deferral of UC advance repayments. Anyway, I called the number only to be told I need to call the helpline on 0800 328 564.

I managed to get straight through to my Case Manager this time (whoopee!)  and she had repayments deferred for 6 months. A big thank you to @Hart86 <3

Also, see this.

Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.