LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCRA

xxxxx
xxxxx Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have been awarded LWCRA since march 19andhadmyassesment in June but I was told in journal no backpayment why I have given fit notes march April and a six month one in mayplease help I have looked online and that you should get it now it's August 19 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    HI,

Unless you were previously claiming ESA before UC then there's a 3 month waiting period. This means that LCWRA element is paid on the 4th month of your claim, from when you sent in your first fit note. This means that because you didn't send in fit notes until March then there's no backdated money owed but you should now be receiving the extra £366 per month but only if your award is definitely LCWRA. If it's just LCW then there's no extra money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @xxxxx and a warm welcome to the community, I hope the advice above helps :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.